Mecklenburg County commissioner Pat Cotham recently urged three health care CEOs to consider hiring people with criminal records as a way to give them a second chance. Her request occurred as part of a Charlotte Chamber health care summit, during a conversation about fighting local poverty. She was speaking to the chief executives of Atrium Health, Novant Health, and Premier. Cotham was involved in helping people with criminal records find jobs before she became commissioner. Learn more here.
- Re-evaluating the Cost and Consequences of Cops in Schools
- Watch Now: The Impact of Incarceration on Communities, Families, and Children
- Surry and Stokes County Judges Prohibit Masks with “Emblems” and Emancipate NC Fights Back
- Emancipate NC’s Kerwin Pittman Appears on UNC TV’s Black Issues Forum to Discuss Defunding the Police
- New Billboards Affirm Black Lives in Harnett County