In mid-June, the North Carolina Senate passed House Bill 774, “Amend Certificates of Relief.” Courts can issue “certificates of relief” to individuals. With this certificate, if that person is hired and commits a crime involving their job or employer, the employer is not held liable. Because the new law gives people with criminal records more opportunities to gain employment, it has the potential to reduce recidivism.
- Re-evaluating the Cost and Consequences of Cops in Schools
- Watch Now: The Impact of Incarceration on Communities, Families, and Children
- Surry and Stokes County Judges Prohibit Masks with “Emblems” and Emancipate NC Fights Back
- Emancipate NC’s Kerwin Pittman Appears on UNC TV’s Black Issues Forum to Discuss Defunding the Police
- New Billboards Affirm Black Lives in Harnett County