The American Bar Association has created a new web resource devoted to the clemency process in death penalty cases. The resource, called the Capital Clemency Resource Initiative Clearinghouse, is the result of a collaboration between the ABA Death Penalty Representation Project and the Death Penalty Due Process Project. Misty Thomas, chief counsel for the Death Penalty Due Process Project, said that in every state the project has studied, there were insignificant resources for and attention paid to clemency. The resource is designed to address this issue. Learn more here.
- Re-evaluating the Cost and Consequences of Cops in Schools
- Watch Now: The Impact of Incarceration on Communities, Families, and Children
- Surry and Stokes County Judges Prohibit Masks with “Emblems” and Emancipate NC Fights Back
- Emancipate NC’s Kerwin Pittman Appears on UNC TV’s Black Issues Forum to Discuss Defunding the Police
- New Billboards Affirm Black Lives in Harnett County